This is my favorite song off of Robin Thicke’s latest album “Something Else”. I’m happy this is the next single.
I bought this album on Monday and it’s spectacular. Since I have no idea how to write about music (I’m still waiting on myself to do that John Legend review) I’ll just say this album moves me. I’m pulled through every song, waiting to hear what the next words are.
If you don’t have it, get it!
I’m listening January 25, 2009
I listen to music all day. My life definitely has a soundtrack. My soundtrack for the weekend was as follows, and in no particular order.
- Snow Patrol – A Hundred Million Suns (whole album)
- Fall Out Boy – Infinity on High (whole album)
- Fall Out Boy – Folie A Deux (whole album)
- Alicia Keys – As I Am (whole album)
- Amy Winehouse – Back to Black (assorted songs)
- Chris Brown – Exclusive (assorted songs)
- Robin Thicke – Something Else (assorted songs)
- Robin Thicke – The Evolution of Robin Thicke (assorted songs)
- Carl Thomas – Emotional (Valentine)
- Jill Scott – Beautifully Human, Words and Sounds, Vol 2 (whole album)
- John Mayer – Continuum (whole album)
- John Legend – Evolver (Cross the Line)
- The Killers – Day & Age (Neon Tiger and A Dustland Fairytale)
- The Moulin Rouge Soundtrack (El Tango de Roxanne)
- Ne-Yo – Because of You and Year of the Gentleman (assorted songs)
- Common – Finding Forever (whole album)
- Matthew Santos – Matters of the Bittersweet (whole album)
That’s all I can remember. I’m sure I had so other random things in there too.
So I have this friend… December 11, 2008
Who is super talented on the music front. He shares his new songs with me every so often. I tease him by telling him that when he performs I better be the ONLY one who knows the words. NO music sharing with anyone else!
His name is Felix and here is a link to his purevolume page! He changes up the tunes every so often, so be sure to visit frequently!
P.S. if you happen to see me and Felix in Half Moon Bay, ask no questions. Just go with it. LOL
I’m a fan, so I’ll post as much as I want! March 25, 2008
I am a REALLY BIG FAN of Lupe Fisaco. His style is like none other. NONE OTHER. Argue with me if you wish, but I stopped listening about 2 minutes ago…lol.
And because I am a fan I chose to blog about him whenever I can. Case in point: Today.
I was over at iLL Vibes by way of The Lupe Fiasco Show and found this posting that solidified why I listen to Lupe as much as I do – he is a gifted writer. I think rap artists often forget that the writing should come first. Don’t get me wrong, I listen to hip-hop on the radio and listen to all the “club bangers”. I have respect for artist that put it all on the line to do what they love. But, as stated at iLL Vibe, some artist don’t have as much depth in their writing and style as Lupe. I am always excited to hear him on the radio. I must have almost driven off the road when “Paris/Toyko” came on the radio (thank you KMEL!).
Next thing I need to happen is for Talib Kweli to be on the radio way more often.
That’s my music $0.02 for the day.